Friday, September 23, 2011

Freedom to die

From the article: "Despite the existence of charity care and county hospitals, though, the human cost of uninsurance persists. The best estimate I am aware of is that 45,000 people die every year because of their lack of insurance.

But, f**k them, because I've got mine. Am I right? They're lazy, irresponsible, poor, probably black, certainly unwashed and they have nice cell phones, so they are subhuman pieces of shit who deserve what's coming to them. And an individual mandate is an unconscionable impingement on my personal liberty.

This is, as best I can tell, the libertarian take on the ongoing crisis of the uninsured. We are all free, and some lucky duckies are free to die."


Read the whole story at the "Movin' Meat" blog: Freedom to die

No comments: